*2 eggs and one egg white
*1 cup almond milk
*1 teaspoon vanilla extract
*1 teaspoon cinnamon, plus a pinch to sprinkle on top
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a saucepan, mix together the almond milk and a smashed or puréed banana and heat until just beginning to bubble.
3. In another saucepan, heat 2-3 cups of water to just simmering and keep at that temp, no higher.
4. Remove the almond milk and banana from heat.
5. In a bowl, whisk together the eggs and vanilla until very smooth, about 3 minutes.
6. Add the eggs and vanilla to the saucepan with the almond milk and banana and whisk all together, also adding in the cinnamon.
7. Pour the mixture into small oven safe dishes.
8. Place dessert cups in a baking dish big enough so the dessert cups don’t touch each other. Pour the hot water into the baking dish, OUTSIDE of the dessert cups. This is so that the custard won’t burn.
9. Carefully place the pan into the oven and bake until custards are set around the edges, about 40 minutes.
10. Serve warm or refrigerate for two or more hours. Sprinkle the additional cinnamon on top before serving.
Optional: sprinkle slivered almonds on top or add 1 teaspoon honey to the mixture if that is in your diet.