Makes 8 small bars.
1-1/2 Cups Raw Almonds
1 Tablespoon Chia Seeds
3 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
1 teaspoon Peppermint Extract
7 Pitted Dates (may need slightly more depending on size and texture)
1 Tablespoon Melted Coconut Oil-optional (use if you are not using a high powered blender capable of making creamy nut butters. Omit if using a Vitamix or something comparable.)
1. Place all ingredients in blender on high until well blended, but lumpy-cookie dough consistency.
2. If ingredients are not being held together like dough, add more dates.
3. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
4. Smooth mixture on parchment paper.
5. Place in freezer for 10 minutes.
6. Cut to desired size.
7. Wrap each in parchment paper if desired.
8. Place in airtight container in refrigerator or freezer.